This medieval fortress was built by Baron Jan Nádherný between 1878 and 1882. The noble residence has been surrounded by an English park since 1876. It is the work of the famous garden architect František Thomayer, who was the gardener of the royal city of Prague in the last quarter of the 19th century. He influenced or personally impressed Prague’s parks, which are still an essential part of the capital. More than centuries-old trees have remained in the Jistebnice park, and it has been historically protected ever since.
The 40-year-old presence of the army, after which a number of unsightly objects and airborne trees remained, for which it now resembles a wild jungle. Surprisingly, the castle interiors survived. Even today we can admire the stained glass windows, coffered ceilings, A similar fate as the Jistebnice chateau met most of the monuments in Tábor.
The new castle was built in 1878–1882 by Otomar Nádherný of Borutín in the middle of a large English park.
After World War II the castle was nationalized to the last owners, then the army resided there for several years, and in 2003 the chateau was returned in restitution to the descendants of the rightful owners owners, and current owners.
There is a pond called Smrž in the park. Total area of the annex is 165,639 square meters, when the land exchange is carried out with the city area will be 168,235 square meters.
The castle is a rectangular, two-storey building with a 25 m high corner tower, built in Tudor Neo-Gothic style, which has the same design as the local church in the town of Jistebnice. The original stained glass windows are preserved in the neo-Gothic style. In the interiors, there are wooden decorative elements such as coffered ceilings, door frames and carved doors.
This castle will make for a wonderful wellness retreat, boutique hotel, hunting retreat, the possibilities are endless.